One-Dish Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- ½ lb Sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 3 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups Uncooked whole grain wide noodle-style pasta
- 14 ½ oz Reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- ¼ cup Regular dairy sour cream plus additional for topping
- 1 tbsp Regular or coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, mushrooms, garlic and thyme; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking Ground Beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, as necessary. Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Stir noodles and broth into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 9 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring twice. Stir in peas; continue cooking, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until peas are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup sour cream and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired. Cook's Tip: One pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1-inch thick may be substituted for Ground Beef. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Keep warm. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and begin to brown. Add noodles, broth, garlic and thyme; bring to a boil. Cover and cook as directed in Step 2, returning beef to skillet and stirring in peas as directed. Remove from heat and continue as directed in Step 3.
Test Kitchen Tips Use a potato masher to break up Ground Beef into small crumbles while browning.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Beef Checkoff and BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Serving Size: 95 grams
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat: 3g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||3%|