Lazy Day Beef & Vegetable Soup
- 2 ½ lb Beef Stew Meat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 29 oz Reduced-sodium beef broth
- 15 oz Chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 14 ½ oz No-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
- Shredded Romano cheese (optional)
- Combine beef, broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; toss to coat well. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 8 hours. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in mixed vegetables and pasta. Continue cooking, covered, 1 hour or until beef and pasta are tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Stir well before serving. Serve with cheese, if desired.
- Alternate Cooking Method:
- This recipe can be made in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. Use 1 cup elbow noodles for ditalini. Place beef, broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in pressure cooker. Close and lock pressure cooker lid.
- Use beef, stew or high-pressure setting on pressure cooker; program 25 minutes on pressure cooker timer.
- Use quick-release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid. Add vegetables and pasta; close and lock pressure cooker, set timer for additional 5 minutes.
- When complete, use quick-release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid.
- Garnish with cheese, if desired. (This recipe variation was tested in an electric pressure cooker at high altitude. Cooking at an altitude of less than 3000 feet may require slightly less cooking time. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
Cooking Time: HIGH 5 to 6 hours or on LOW 8 to 9 hours.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 10.6g||14%|
|Saturated Fat: 3.3g|
|Trans Fat: 0.4g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 49.7g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber: 8.9g||32%|