Lazy Beef Lasagna
- 1 ½ lb Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 26 oz Prepared pasta or marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 20 oz Refrigerated or frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 cup Shredded Italian cheese blend
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings and return beef to skillet.
- Stir in salt, nutmeg and pepper; mix well. Stir in pasta sauce and water; bring to a boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coat 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half the ravioli, half the beef mixture and half the cheese. Repeat with remaining ravioli, beef mixture and cheese; cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 400°F oven 15 minutes (20 minutes if using frozen ravioli). Uncover; continue baking 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and pasta is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Beef Checkoff and BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Serving Size: 620 grams
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 58g||75%|
|Saturated Fat: 25g|
|Trans Fat: 2g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 82g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6g||22%|