French Baked Potato
- 1 lb Beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 4 Hot baked medium russet potatoes
- ½ cup Shredded Swiss cheese
- Caramelized Onion Sauce:
- 2 tsp Butter on medium high heat
- 3 cups Diced sweet onions
- ½ cup Red wine
- 14 ½ oz Reduced-sodium beef broth,
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Prepare Caramelized Onion Sauce. Add beef to sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is heated through. Caramelized Onion Sauce: In same skillet used to prepare beef, melt 2 teaspoons butter on medium high heat. Add 3 cups diced sweet onions. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes until onions are opaque and soft. Uncover skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes until onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup red wine; simmer 2 to 4 minutes until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook about 20 minutes.
- Cut slits lengthwise in potatoes; open and fluff potatoes with fork. Divide beef mixture among potatoes. Top with cheese.
Cook's Tip: The Caramelized Onion Sauce may be made ahead of time. Reheat in a 12-inch nonstick skillet before adding cooked beef.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Beef Checkoff and BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Serving Size: 157 grams
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 6g||7%|
|Saturated Fat: 3g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1g||4%|