Beefy Sweet Potato Hash
- 12 oz cooked beef (such as steak, roast or pot roast), cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat or regular dairy sour cream
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion and taco seasoning in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add water. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender and water has almost evaporated, stirring once. Stir in oil; continue cooking, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally.Cook's Tip: 1-1/2 teaspoons each cumin and chili powder may be substituted for taco seasoning.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and hot sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
- Add beef to potato mixture. Continue to cook 5 minutes or until beef is heated through, stirring occasionally, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed to avoid sticking.
- Garnish with cilantro, as desired. Serve with sour cream mixture.
Test Kitchen Tips Use the pan size specified in the recipe. If the pan is too small, the beef will be crowded and browning will be inhibited. If the pan is too large, overcooking may result.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 2.7g|
|Trans Fat: 0.2g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 12.3g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||7%|