Beef & Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1 lb Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 oz frozen pea pods
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, garlic and ginger; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings, as necessary. Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper and pea pods; cook 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Return beef to skillet; heat through. Stir in onions.
Test Kitchen Tips Use the pan size specified in the recipe. If the pan is too small, the beef will be crowded and browning will be inhibited. If the pan is too large, overcooking may result.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 25.5g||33%|
|Saturated Fat: 9.1g|
|Trans Fat: 1.3g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 40.2g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2.5g||9%|