Beef and Spinach Breakfast Sandwich
- 12 oz cooked beef (such as steak, roast, pot roast or deli roast beef), thinly sliced
- 4 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- ½ cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat round thin sandwich breads, split, toasted
- Combine eggs, spinach and tomato in medium bowl. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until eggs are almost set, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Divide egg mixture into 4 separate portions in pan. Evenly top with cheese and beef. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place one egg portion on bread bottoms. Close sandwiches; serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 14.4g||18%|
|Saturated Fat: 7.6g|
|Trans Fat: 0.3g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 138.2g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1.4g||5%|