Three-Way Marinated Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup prepared olive oil and vinegar vinaigrette or prepared Italian-style vinaigrette
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients of your choice in small bowl. Place beef Flank Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into slices.
- Asian Marinade Variation: Prepare recipe as directed by adding 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds and 1-1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil to Classic Marinade mixture.
- Mexican Marinade Variation: Prepare recipe as directed by adding 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt to Classic Marinade mixture.
Cook's Tip: Beef Top Round Steak, cut 1-inch thick, may be substituted for Flank Steak. Prepare recipe as directed and grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (16 to 19 minutes on gas grill) for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Beef Checkoff and BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|