Szechuan Beef Stir-Fry
- 2 Beef Ranch Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 Package (10 ounces) fresh vegetable stir-fry blend
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 cup prepared sesame-ginger stir-fry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups Hot cooked white or brown rice, prepared without butter or salt
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- Combine vegetables and water in large nonstick skillet; cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain vegetables. Set aside.
- Meanwhile cut beef Ranch Steaks into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef and 1/2 of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
- Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Recipe as seen in The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Cook's Tip: Your favorite stir-fry sauce flavor may be substituted for the sesame-ginger flavor.Cook's Tip: Four cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips and shredded carrots, may be substituted for 1 package vegetable stir-fry blend.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Beef Checkoff and BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Serving Size: 80 grams
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 6g||7%|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Trans Fat: 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2g||8%|