One Pan Beef Roast with Root Vegetables
- 1 beef Bottom Round Roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 6 cups peeled diced beets (1-inch), about 1-1/2 pounds
- 5 cups diced sweet potatoes (1-inch), about 1-1/2 pounds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line large shallow baking pan with parchment paper. Combine garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef Bottom Round Roast. Place roast in pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not in fat.
- Place beets and sweet potatoes in large bowl. Add oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.) If vegetables are not tender, return to oven and roast until tender.
- Carve roast into thin slices; season as desired. Serve with roasted vegetables.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|