- 1 6lb bag of frozen beef meatballs (or 97oz)
- 2 16oz bags of frozen chopped peppers (or 32oz total)
- 2 32oz bottles of marinara sauce
- 30 hoagie rolls
- 30 slices of provolone, sliced in half
- IN OVEN:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray two 9"x12" aluminum hotel steam pans (or 9"x13" deep dish pans) with nonstick cooking oil.
- Pour 1/2 the bag of frozen meatballs into each pan.
- Pour 1 bag (or 16oz) of frozen peppers into each pan.
- Pour one bottle of sauce into each pan and mix together with peppers and meatballs.
- Place both pans into the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, until heated through. Stir mixture and check for doneness throughout cook time.
- Ladle 3-5 meatballs and sauce into each hoagie roll. Top with 2 half-slices of provolone and allow to melt.
- IN INSTANT POT:
- Pour entire bag of frozen meatballs and both bags of frozen peppers into 6-liter Instant Pot (or split between 2 smaller Instant Pots).
- Pour 1 jar of marinara sauce into Instant Pot and mix around to coat the meatballs and peppers.
- Set the Instant Pot to: manual, high pressure, for 12 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to natural release pressure for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the second jar of marinara sauce and keep the pot on warm.
- Serve with 5 meatballs on each hoagie roll topped with sauce, peppers, and a slice of provolone cheese.
Time Cook: 25-35 minutes in oven; 20 minutes in Instant Pot
Total time: 30-45 minutes
Yield: 29-30 subs
** Serving suggestion: To round out the pre-game meal, serve with a salad or fruit.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat: 28.2g||36%|
|Saturated Fat: 12.1g|
|Trans Fat: 1.1g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 25.6g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2.8g||10%|