Easy Sheet Pan Meatloaf and Potatoes
- 1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef (93% or leaner)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 lb red potatoes, cubed (3/4 inch)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Reserve 1/4 cup of tomato sauce; set aside.
- Combine Ground Beef, remaining tomato sauce, bread crumbs, onion, egg, Worcestershire, thyme, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl; mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape beef mixture into 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf on parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Toss potatoes with cooking spray, garlic salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread potatoes evenly around the meatloaf on the sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan on the center rack of oven, bake in preheated 400°F oven for 40 minutes. Meanwhile, combine reserved tomato sauce with brown sugar and mustard. Spread sauce evenly over top of meatloaf, stir potatoes and continue cooking another 20 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meatloaf registers 160°F.
- Remove meatloaf; let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Test potatoes for doneness and return to oven if needed while meatloaf rests. Cut meatloaf into slices. Serve with potatoes.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Four-Pepper Meatloaf Variation: Prepare meatloaf as above, adding 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper to ground beef mixture.
Picadillo-Style Meatloaf Variation: Prepare meatloaf as above, omitting thyme and adding 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, 1/4 cup raisins, 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano to ground beef mixture.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|